Friday, March 26, 2010

No Flash Allowed!



The dreaded "NO FLASH ALLOWED" words that we as wedding photographers hear from time to time when shooting the ceremony at a church.

Personally having been a senior pastor of a church for several years I have never understood this. I can tell you I didn't force any photographers to shoot without flash. I am sure there is some tradition that has continued over these many decades, I am not sure what but I'm sure there must be.

So we do what we must and put on our 1.4 or 1.8 lenses and shoot wide open with shallow depth of field and make of it what we can.

This shot is one that I would call a more artistic shot that I can use for a backdrop to lay other images on, maybe a cover shot for an albun or in some cases it does appeal to some couples just for its artistic value.

No comments:

Post a Comment